Saturday 27 December 2014

Scribbles about Christmas

First off, Merry Christmas to everyone! I hope it's been fab and you all got what you wanted! This year was our first Christmas without my brother at home, so it was a little strange, opening presents on Christmas Day on my own (we usually have a sofa each full of presents) and only setting three places at the table although that meant more Turkey for us, and pigs in blankets; heaven. But him and his fiancĂ©e made it to the family do on Boxing Day which is always good fun.


Mum and me on Christmas Day (pre Turkey)
Dress & Boots, Asos; Jacket, River Island; Necklace, Topshop.

I've been absent on my blog since, well, summer (oops) and I think it's high time I got back into it. I don't know whether I lost motivation or just struggled fitting blogging in with uni life, but the new year is coming in and I'm determined to get off my backside and get back on the blogging train.


Speaking of New Year, I'm so excited, I actually have plans for once AKA miracle. My house mate and I (she's also called Em, different story) wanted to do something together and we thought Manchester because my brother lives there and it'd be better to already have somewhere to stay than pay the extortionate prices that new year brings with it, but that plan failed when Aaron said no, awks. We'd be too loud, apparently... Anyway, Em lives in Nottingham so we're going to go out there instead. Now I just have to figure out what to wear. I mean, I got a few bits for Christmas I could wear but it's deciding which, and I got some River Island metallic snakeskin heels which I adore, but for walking round Nottingham on new year? Maybe not.





My favourite present, my Olivia Burton watch.

Don't even get me started on Boxing Day sales either, there's no chance there. I'm a calm shopper, I like to walk around browsing, not having to worry that the fluffy clutch I just saw is going to get snatched away by some manic shopper. I don't get what comes over some people, it's just been Christmas and you're already shopping again? Who's got the money for that shit after Christmas anyway? And it's just a bit greedy if you ask me. Don't get me wrong, I understand if there's something you've been waiting to get in the sales if it was too expensive or whatever, but I'm sure shops just put the same tat out for every sale hoping some desperate shopper will think it's a bargain. But that might just be me. I'll give the sales shopping a browse online, but I could never handle physically shopping in the madness. Shopping is my favourite sport, but I'm not competitive about it, I just want pretty clothes.





Brigg, a town near me. 
Emooking very festive on Christmas Eve Eve.



Thanks for reading
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment