Thursday 5 September 2013

Currant Buns.

As of today my boyfriend has gone down to London for a few days so in my boredom I thought Id do a spot of baking!  I've seen other bloggers post recipe's before so I thought why not? So here's my currant bun recipe!
You will need: 
Self Raising Flour (110g/4oz)
Caster Sugar (110g/4oz)
Softened Butter (110g/4oz)
Currants (50g/2oz)
2 Eggs
A bun baking tray
Scales
Bun Cases
A Sieve (not pictured) - silly me forgot
A bowl, or two - again, silly me!

Step 1 - Pre-heat the oven to 190c/375f/gas mark 5

Step 2 - Mix the butter and sugar together in a bowl until creamy


Step 3 - Add one Egg at a time, and mix in


Step 4 - Sieve in the flour and fold into mixture until thick and smooth



Step 5 - Add currants (choc chips, sultanas etc. can all be interchanged here)



Step 6 - Place Bun Cases into tray and spoon in a good amount of the mixture into each case




Step 7 - The all important licking of the bowl!



Step 8 - Whack it in the oven and wait for 20-25 mins!

Step 9 - Take out of the oven when golden and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment