Tuesday 13 August 2013

Festival Wardrobe





Attempting camera self timer - fail
Playsuit, H&M (old)
Kimono, Label Lab via House of Fraser
Sandals, Office
Necklace, Topshop (sale)
Hat, Topshop
V Festival is on Friday.  FRIDAY. Needless to say I am totally not prepared.  At all.  But at least clothing wise I am!  I was sorted for festival clothes about 2 years ago... My wardrobe has always been verging on the relaxed festival style (in summer, anyway) It's just so comfy in the warmer months! I must've known deep down I'd need the clothes at some point for a specific purpose.  We shall not mention how I am intending to fit all of my food and alcohol into my rucksack, along with clothing and everything else (which most I probably won't even use).  Thank Goodness one of my friends has been to a festival before so she can share her knowledge - the toilet situation scares me the most - there are horror stories *shudders*.  But most of all I am so excited!  I get to see my favourite artists performing live in a huge field full of other excitable (and probably drunk) people, eep!  

So basically I thought I'd share one of my festival outfits (minus the wellies) with you all.  For me, the Kimono is a festival staple piece this summer, and I love mine!  I wasn't a fan of all the galaxy print clothes around this summer, but this was love at first sight! It goes perfect with my plain playsuit from H&M, which I've had ages, but is perfect festival fashion as it's easy to wear and style, as well as being comfortable and no risk of a flash, haha.  I would swap my sandals for my wellies obv, but for wear around my town I think wellies may look a little odd!  For any festival a hat is essential; for practicality along with fashion.  I love this one from Topshop, my old straw hat had wiring in which I found slightly irritating as it became mis-shaped, so hopefully this one won't! 

I am praying the weather stays dry, if not, my clothes can't come out to play!  Also, I am using hair chalk on my hair to make it pink, and the flower crowns will be out in force!  What's your festival wardrobe like?

2 comments:

  1. Omggg I love your kimono! Sounds like you had an amazing time at Vfestival from your last post, so jealous!
    Lydia Rose
    www.lydiarosexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did and thank you! Definitely worth it:) Though my kimono did rip at the seams:( but it's nicely sewn back up now!

      Delete