Friday 20 June 2014

YSL & a smidge of Illamasqua

I'm definitely not a beauty blogger. I don't know the ins and outs of make up like I do clothes, but I love beauty just as much as fashion. I, like any other girl, leave Boots covered in lipstick and eye shadow, I've just never written about it! But a trip to Hull last week led me to splurge on YSL, so I thought it was worth a mention..



I'd seen the new Kiss and Blush once before and loved the whole idea of being able to have a blush and lipstick in the same product (hello holidays), but couldn't decide on a shade. This time though, I told the sales assistant I liked pinky tones, but because it's summer I like the more coral/peachy shades, I just wasn't sure if they'd suit me. She then showed me this shade, 08, and I thought it'd be perfect! Definitely pink, but with warmer tones for summer. The product itself goes on the lips in a matte/velvet way, and I'm a fan of a matte finish anyway so it was perfect for me. To use the product for blush, apply in a semi-circle around the apple of the cheek and blend with a foundation brush. The colour is buildable and I wore it all day shopping and only had to top it up once or twice!


My favourite beauty product has always been eye shadow. In school I was known for my coloured eyeliner (those days are gone), but I've moved onto shadows, with liquid liner over the top. I've got the Urban Decay Naked 1 and 3 palettes, which I adore, but I thought a new, smaller palette could be added to the collection. This five colour palette is the YSL couture palette and I just love the way the shadows sparkle. I thought this palette was the most wearable, and will be perfect for holiday with the bronze and pink tones for that sun-kissed holiday vibe. 


The packaging's a dream too, it's always painful knowing you have to throw the boxes and put them in your make-up bag to get covered in remnants of other make-up..speaking of which, this lovely make-up bag came free with my purchases, I love a good freebie!

I also went to Meadowhall last week (shopaholic, I know) to finish off holiday shopping, eep! And I picked up the Illamasqua Masquara. It's my favourite mascara EVER. I've honestly never found a mascara so black. Obviously the brand are known for their products being so pigmented, and their mascara can't be faulted. 10/10 recommend for blackness. 

Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment