Friday 13 June 2014

Victoria's Secret.

The fact is, I'm definitely not one of those girls that can put on any bikini on holiday and flounce around without a care in the world. I have boobs, and they need support. This being said, a Primark special just won't do. The downside to this is that I see all the skinny minnie bikinis and sigh to myself because there would be several disasters if I attempted to wear one on holiday. The upside, I get to buy expensive bikinis and it be justified because I need the good quality. 

Soo this lead to a stop in the new Victoria's Secret store in Meadowhall, eep! Being at uni in Sunderland for most of the year has meant I haven't had a chance to go to the new store. I can't actually tell you how excited I was to finally go (stupidly excited). What girl doesn't want to go and pretend to be a VS Angel in the pink and girly store of dreams?! 

The staff were so lovely and helpful, one of the shop assistants asked if I wanted measuring (I said yes as I haven't been properly measured in donkeys) so then I shopped the array of beautiful swimwear. I couldn't afford £50 just for a bikini top, as much as I tried to justify it to myself, so I settled on one which was around £30 and told myself I'd buy some matching bottoms at Primark or somewhere cheaper to make the blow to my bank balance slightly less painful. 

I LOVE this bikini, it fits perfectly, and doesn't slip down with it being a strapless. The colours are perfect for my holiday to Ibiza in August and will (hopefully) make my tan look better! I wasn't sure if it was a bit too bright, but Mum, my right hand woman, assured me on holiday nothing's too bright! I have some black bottoms which I think will match well, although I'm on the hunt for a shade to match the top. 



 I must admit, it is tricky trying to take it off yourself with the hook having a catch at the bottom, but at least it means you're secure!

Also, having a strapless to avoid tan lines is great, but if you're like me and feel a bit unsafe in the pool just incase of a mishap, it comes with these straps to hook on as a halter to stop you worrying!

It's lovely to finally have a bikini that fits but isn't totally grannifed, so if anyone's looking to splash out a bit and get themselves a VS bikini, I'd totally say go for it!

Love, Em

No comments:

Post a Comment