Thursday 17 October 2013

Good old Ralphy.




Shirt, Ralph Lauren via Cow Vintage
Shorts, Primark (old)
Flatforms, River Island
Coat, Urban Outfitters
Socks, Primark
Brooch, Nana's own

Uni has made me the laziest person on Earth, I'm not even joking.  I just sit around looking on Asos at clothes I can't afford and watching TOWIE on I-player (don't judge me).  

I absolutely love my new Ralph Lauren shirt from cow vintage.  I've seen cow before but never actually been in the store, so I decided to drag my boyfriend in with me when I went to see him in Sheffield the other weekend.  Heaven.  I knew I couldn't leave the store empty handed so I picked this up for £18.  I adore the fact it's been altered from a men's shirt into a baggy crop with turned up sleeves.  Also, the collar has been removed so it has a round neck - you just can;t see because of how I'm wearing it.  I hope my boyfriend's taken the hint for present ideas... I paired it with my old baggy shorts from Primark as they have a hint of blue in so compliment the shirt well, and I like the clash with the orange leaf pattern.  

Flatforms are a must as it's finally Autumn!  I love my A/W wardrobe, I really do.  I dug them up from last year and fell all over again.  They're still in really good condition too, especially since the platform is black suede.  I expected it to go all ewwy from the rain last year.  You can't beat a good pair of frilly socks either.  For a girl who's constantly in skirts they're the perfect girly accessory!  At £1.50 from Primark they smash the prices charged at Topshop (though I do have 5 pairs from them).  

I ummed and ahhed over whether to invest in a new winter coat.  Unfortunately, due to my new student status a new coat can't top food and alcohol *cry*.  BUT.  Then I found my coat from last year and decided I didn't care...Faux fur is still in.  Monochrome is still in.  Oversized boyfriend coats are still in.  Why did I even think I needed one?  It's just the red boyfriend coat at Topshop being only £54 was calling my name.  Ah well, I still love this coat, it's so cosy.  And, I got stopped shopping a few weeks ago by a woman asking where it was from! So I guess every cloud has a silver lining!  She made me realise you have to make do with what you have and work it! (cringe).  

Ooh and how cute is my nana's old brooch?!  I saw it and a few others and begged for them - I succeeded.  It's so pretty, and can be put with anything!  I'll stop babbling now.  Happy Thursdays (specially cause I have Fridays off, score!) 

Em xo


2 comments: