Wednesday 10 July 2013

Sales, Sizing & Shoes





Top, River Island
Skirt, Topshop
Shoes, Topshop

I really am such an unorganised blogger.  I have weeks where I blog all the time, and then times like this where it feels like months! I just can't seem to find time anywhere, even though it seems I spend my time doing not that much. But I had to find time to appreciate my new shoes/sandals/flatforms/espadrilles?! I don't even know, but they're great. I had my eye on them in Topshop for ages, but I couldn't justify £40-£45 for them.  However, when they're reduced to £20 in the sale, who am I to say no to that?! And hey presto, hello new shoes! The pale blue reminds me of denim, and denim shoes would be pretty cool - though there were other colours - I just thought these would fit best in my wardrobe! I also adore the use of the blanket stitch detailing, I think it makes them look 'shabby chic'.  The big buckle on the side is also a favourite of mine as I love bulky detailing.  It beats delicate any day of the week.  My top was a recent purchase from River Island, though I like it, the sizing put me off drastically. Bearing in mind I'm usually a size 10 (before KFC has been consumed) this top is a size 14 and still not very roomy! RI are usually pretty good for sizing - I can sometimes squeeze into an 8 - but this is just ridiculous! However, I'm a sucker for monochrome polka-dots so I guess I can't complain!  Paired again with my denim skater, I think this look is pretty minimalist - perfect for this heat we're having.  Which I am hoping keeps up throughout summer; my tan's getting pretty good!xo

No comments:

Post a Comment