Friday 14 August 2015

Urban Decay Naked Smoky: sharing is caring

Obviously I'm not the only one who is obsessed with Urban Decay's latest palette to hit the shelves, Naked Smoky, and I was ecstatic when it came back in stock on their website! So to test it out, one of my friends, Katie, came over to be my guinea pig so I could try out some of the fab colours on her. 




She told me she usually sticks to brown tones but hasn't really done a smoky eye with those hues before so I thought I'd give it a shot. 

Using the real techniques deluxe crease brush I used the shade thirteen and blended it onto the brow bone to create a highlight for the look. I then applied combust from the brow bone and into the crease as a transition shade for the smoky eye. To highlight the inner corner of the eye, I used the blending brush from the Naked palette with high, and blended dirtysweet into it and over the rest of the eyelid with the real techniques base shadow brush, blending out the edges. Next I applied radar onto the outer corner and into the crease, blending it out to create a softer edge with the deluxe crease brush, then using the blending brush in the palette, used whisky to deepen the colour in the crease and blended it outwards. I then added a touch of black from a Dior palette to the top lash line to define the eye slightly and my Diorshow mascara (which is the best mascara I've EVER used). 

And that was it, so by using thirteen, combust, high, dirtysweet, radar and whisky I created a look which could be worn day or night, depending on eyeliner etc.





These are the products I used to create the rest of the look: 

A rimmel bronzer to add contour using the real techniques contour brush, 

Urban Decay's Naked Illuminated to highlight above the cheekbones, bridge of the nose, cupids bow and forehead using the real techniques sculpting brush, 

MAC cremesheen lipstick in Creme cup with a Maybelline lipliner in Velvet Beige underneath (not photographed).

I hope you enjoyed this post,  thanks for reading!

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment