Saturday 2 May 2015

Twenties Girl

I figured I'm twenty now, I should probably face my blog. Even though I've had shit loads of uni work bogging me down, I don't know why I haven't posted, because blogging is pretty good procrastination (hence me writing this post when I should be writing that research project that's due in two weeks). But hey ho, I need to start writing again, so I'm going to do my best! And what better time to start than after my twentieth birthday?

I'm not going to lie, getting older scares me half to death, I finish uni next year, will have to find a job, and I struggle to find the will to get out of bed in the morning. I dread 9am starts, and when I start working they'll be everyday *cries*. Basically, I just want to be a student forever. 

Speaking of which, I've just celebrated my first birthday away from home. It really sucked not being able to see my Mum, but we did Face time while I opened my presents so it was all good. But seriously, a uni birthday is pretty sick, especially when it's on a Friday when you have a lecture free day.

So the standard food of Sunderland is probably Revs, Nandos, Spoons or Frankies, but on your birthday you want something a little more special, right? So I spied this cute little Italian restaurant tucked away and thought it'd be worth a go. Three courses for about £13.95, you literally can't go wrong really. And it definitely didn't. I mean look...



Located on Norfolk Street in Sunderland, Angelo's looks adorable all tucked away
A starter of fresh mozzarella covered in breadcrumbs, deep-fried and served with a tomato sauce & pesto.
A main with thin ribbons of pasta with smoked bacon, cream, eggs and Parmesan cheese.
And a beautiful dessert of strawberry cheesecake served with fresh cream a chocolate powder.
Honestly, I thought I'd stepped into Master chef, I mean, look at that presentation! Got to love a pretty plate that's worth Instagramming, right? And I can absolutely guarantee you, it tastes as good as it looks. So if you're in the Sunderland area give it a shout!

In typical student style, we obviously all went out and got a little drunk, AKA smashed, but it is only your birthday once a year after all.


Thanks for reading, 
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment